The Forgotten Realms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Player Created Persistent NWN2 Role-Playing World

2 posters

Elven Lore: Sehanine or Angharad

Nephtys
    Nephtys

Elven Lore: Sehanine or Angharad Empty Elven Lore: Sehanine or Angharad

Post  Nephtys Tue May 01, 2012 2:43 am

In all the lore I checked, there are some that state that Sehanine Moonbow is now the consort of Corellon and other that say it's Angharad... I know Sehanine is part of Angharad, but it's not quite the same thing and I would like to know if someone has the right lore on that question.
    Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

Elven Lore: Sehanine or Angharad Empty Re: Elven Lore: Sehanine or Angharad

Post  Fyrekrest Tue May 01, 2012 3:18 am

I don't think it's possible to draw a clear distinction between what Sehanine Moonbow is and what Angarradh is, because Angarradh is everything that Sehanine Moonbow is. Angarradh is referred to as the One and the Three, so she is simultaneously one unified goddess and three separate goddesses. My understanding of it is that Sehanine Moonbow is the wife of Corellon Larethian, and when he was wounded in a battle with Lolth, Angarradh was formed from three goddesses (Sehanine Moonbow, Hanali Celanil, and Aerdrie Faenya) as a means of becoming something more powerful in order to defend him. So Sehanine Moonbow is Angarradh (at least part of her, anyway), and Angarradh is comprised of Sehanine Moonbow (and two other goddesses). Angarradh is known as the Queen of Arvandar and Corellon Larethian is known as the Coronal of Arvandar.

I think I gave myself a headache trying to wrap my head around it. haha
    Nephtys
    Nephtys

Post  Nephtys Tue May 01, 2012 3:46 am

yeah, that's what I thought, Sehanine is the official wife, and since she is part of Angharad, and that Angharad is more then Sehanine at the same time, she is the Queen, Sehanine the Keeper and wife to Corellon.

Thanks, just wanted to be sure for my rp.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:52 pm