The Forgotten Realms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Player Created Persistent NWN2 Role-Playing World

+3
Fyrekrest
Nephtys
Solarina
7 posters

server up ?

Solarina
    Solarina

server up ? Empty server up ?

Post  Solarina Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:08 pm

been lookin for it all day had it saved to my favorites but its still listed as offline, did the ip change ? anywho i got to take care of the baby for the rest of the night then sleep.
    Nephtys
    Nephtys

server up ? Empty Re: server up ?

Post  Nephtys Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Nope, no change so far and I am going to bed soon, look like it will have to wait till tomorow for me to play on it.
    Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

Post  Fyrekrest Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:17 pm

I've spent all day unraveling the Underdark, tying up loose ends, double checking a number of things, editing a few 2das, and all manner of other fun stuff!

There will be a number of changes and fixes, as well as new things.

But I'm happy to announce, the server will be back up very soon!
    Nephtys
    Nephtys

Post  Nephtys Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Great! Hip Hip Hurray! Thank you for your hard work!
    Pattu
    Pattu

Post  Pattu Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:02 pm

Yay!

I am also thankful for your hard work!
    Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

Post  Fyrekrest Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:15 pm

NP! I enjoy it! Smile
    Nephtys
    Nephtys

Post  Nephtys Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:22 pm

well, since the server isn't up and I have to be up way early tomorow, I'll go to sleep and check it tomorow when I can, another thank you for your hard work Fyrekrest.
    Care/Akeri_rualuavain
    Care/Akeri_rualuavain

Post  Care/Akeri_rualuavain Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:50 am

Since I could'nt come back after the clean up of characters, and that there is none left in my account, I assume I will have to start my characters all over again right ?

In any case... I just can't wait to have a bit more time to play all those ideas I have in my head that didn't work in other server because of lack of rp and such. A few concept I already tried and I can't wait to be able to play again here, and other that I'm eager to try here.

It will be awsome to play with you all !!
    Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

Post  Fyrekrest Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:33 am

Yes. All characters that did not have an approved background were deleted.
    A_Roleplayer
    A_Roleplayer

Post  A_Roleplayer Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:15 am

All characters that did not have an approved background were deleted
    Were the ones that had an approved background also reset to second level?

The reason I ask is because when I logged in I was back to 2nd Level after quite some time of getting back to 4th level.

Also, when I logged in I logged into the fugue and I know that the last time I played Alarice she was in Shadowdale, in Weregunds shop to be precise. So not only was I back to second level I also had to take an xp hit to carry on playing. I would have used wealth but I guess I didn't have enough gold for that. I got back into the game and did a little adventuring and managed to get back to 3rd level before having to log off for a while.

Just logged back in and I'm back in the fugue, not enough wealth to sacrifice and I'm not going to sacrifice XP again. I had this issue once before on another, now defunct, server.

The solution there was to create a corpse for my character and then raise the corpse. This worked until I logged off and then when I relogged I was always back in the fugue having to wait for a DM to get me back to life.
    deserk
    deserk

Post  deserk Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:48 pm

Any particular reason Wild Elves are disabled? They do have a presence in Cormanthor, notably in the Tangled Trees.

Also what of tieflings/aasimar?
    Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

Post  Fyrekrest Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:59 pm

A_Roleplayer, you should not take any experience penalty at 3rd level. It is entirely possible that, being fourth level, when you died and took the experience penalty, you did not have enough experience to truly be level four (the result of the new experience tables; the "bonus level" was a little bonus for the beta testers who got to keep their characters) and thus were "reset" to the proper level. As for the return to the Fugue Plane, I am not sure why that has happened. I'll look into it. This time, being third level, you should not face any experience loss though.

Deserk, as with all extremely rare races, we've chosen to limit how often they can be played. As is the case on many other servers, the rarest races seem to be some of the most popular and that diminishes the race.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:25 pm