The Forgotten Realms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Player Created Persistent NWN2 Role-Playing World

5 posters

Not dead . . . . . .

Solarina
    Solarina

Not dead . . . . . .  Empty Not dead . . . . . .

Post  Solarina Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:22 am

Ok since no one else will say it and the forums have been pretty much dead since this went down I will say it. The servers not dead just cause one person left. No matter who the one person may be, no one single person makes or breaks a server or game. Nothing has changed. Game on.
    Solarina
    Solarina

Not dead . . . . . .  Empty Re: Not dead . . . . . .

Post  Solarina Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:25 am

If anything tis for the best now those of us who play are all going to be on the surface so more rp chances and more grouping chances. I am sure down the road there will be a UD, just not in the cards at this time. Again prob for the best.
    Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

Post  Fyrekrest Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:57 pm

We haven't even gone live yet... of course we're aren't dead! To my knowledge, even the most popular servers started off quietly and their popularity grew. We are not concerned. We have faith that the players we hope to attract will notice us.. and enjoy us!

Axe has a very strong following though; there wasn't really any other builder or DM in the NWN2 community with his talent. A number of those committed Underdark players were hoping to play in his new environment, so it is not surprising that they've chosen not to remain where there will be no Underdark.

But you're right, the server is certainly not dying because of his departure. If anything, it'll return to my original vision more accurately. We do intend to cater towards a niche of the player base, though. While we certainly aren't "hard core", we are more challenging than most servers. Given time for players to discover us, and for us to provide more challenges, we are sure that players will take notice!
    deserk
    deserk

Post  deserk Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Yeah, the no UD decision has kinda weakened much of my interest here. Though I play on the surface too, I'm quite fond of evil races/factions and am a big fan of the UD. It's a shame you guys couldn't manage to find a means of working together in making both a surface and an Underdark. But stuff like that happens I guess, best to just move on.

I will say this however, that the surface here has some really beautiful area design, and whoever worked on the NPCs has done a great job in developing dialogue that reflects the environment of the Realms. So while I likely won't be very active here, I'll definitely come by and have a look occasionally, and maybe I will be more active later.

I do however still really hope there will be a UD in the future or some sort of evil city like Zhentil Keep.
    Nephtys
    Nephtys

Post  Nephtys Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:27 pm

I like the idea of Zenthil keep or an evil city for people that want to play Evil. And I am definately not going. And I also think it's a good opportunity to grow the server more strong and stable in starting with just the surface.
    Shyntra
    Shyntra

Post  Shyntra Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:55 pm

Just to shine a little light, I have all of my forums from Dasaria2, Baldur's Gate, & Dalelands and this one all still active. Me and Fyre have a great ability to work together and it isn't based off of issue of incapability. A mere difference in personal preference and direction is all.
    Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

Post  Fyrekrest Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Shyntra wrote: Me and Fyre have a great ability to work together and it isn't based off of issue of incapability. A mere difference in personal preference and direction is all.

Well said! Rumors will fly though.. so be it. Smile

As for a future Underdark, it is very unlikely that I will ever attempt such a project. It is a massive undertaking and too much for me to take on.

It is extremely likely that evil-focused towns and cities will appear on the server, though. Voonlar, Yulash, Hillsfar and, of course, Zhentil Keep are all projects that I would love to tackle in the future. They each have their own special merits and designs and I would absolutely love to see what I could do with them in the toolset. Of these, Voonlar is the most likely to appear first, due to it's close proximity to Shadowdale.

And thank you for the compliments on the area and npc design. I have been 100% responsible for everything on the surface, and I've worked quite hard at it and devoted many, many hours. I am glad to see it is appreciated and enjoyed! There are many other areas (and npcs and quests) that will be coming soon: Mistledale, Ashabenford, Galath's Roost, Beast Country, the Thunder Peaks, the Spiderhaunt Woods, goblins, gnolls, giants, dwarves, lycanthropes and fabled Myth Drannor, just to name a few! Smile
    Solarina
    Solarina

Post  Solarina Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:23 pm

will dagger dale be in game ? for some reason its my favorite dale.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 7:18 pm