The Forgotten Realms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Player Created Persistent NWN2 Role-Playing World

4 posters

Meet the Staff

DM_AXE
    DM_AXE

Meet the Staff Empty Meet the Staff

Post  DM_AXE Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:26 am

Hello all,

I know that as of now there are only a few of you on the server, but I know that will change once we go live. I am DM AXE. I have played now on four servers and learned a great deal within my experiences. I have been playing PnP D&D ever since I can remember. My all time favorite one still to this day is Tomb of Horrors along with another oldie but goodie, Keep on the Borderlands. I am a father, an identical twin, have enough degrees to wall paper a room with, and now I am going into nursing. I am also a mapper and fiddle around with scripting, but I more or less like to just alter what I find. Why reinvent the wheel, right?

I hope I can provide for you a very realistic perception in my events of what you might deem the Underdark to be, in both maps and as well in events and fun. What I also expect in return is patience, tact, and since I am on a roll, maybe a little humor Smile

DM Anonymous

Meet the Staff Empty Re: Meet the Staff

Post  DM Anonymous Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:33 am

Vendui,

I am DM Anonymous and welcome to the community. As some of you may have guessed I am the deputy DM for the underdark and work primarily with DM Axe. I spent around a year playing on Dalelands Beyond prior to being appointed to staff here. Before that I spent about 25 years off and on role playing and DMing pencil and paper campaigns almost exclusively in the Forgotten Realms setting. Some of my other experience includes playing and refereeing official league tournaments for Games Workshop in my spare time.

My education credentials are simple enough. I graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point in 1994 with a BA in Political Science: Comparative politics emphasis. After that I was commissioned a 2nd Lieutenant and held a myriad of command and staff assignments in various Cavalry units throughout the US Army. Later I attended the United States Army Command and General Staff College and received my Masters Degree. I am retired now, which is why I have so much time to entertain my hobbies.

I do have some ground rules myself as a DM:

1. Make it make sense (Lore & setting,history, character, alignment,etc.)

2. You get what you give with me.

3. Give me time to resolve your issues before seeking out other staff members.

4. I am willing to compromise, but i am not willing to destroy continuity to make you feel better.

5. Screenshots/Logs when bringing a complaint to me where possible.

Last edited by DM Anonymous on Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:21 am; edited 2 times in total
    DM Blitz
    DM Blitz

Post  DM Blitz Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 am

Hello, everyone. Smile

I'll try to keep this short and sweet, as I tend to ramble if given too much time to think on things. I'm Blitz and I like handling things focused around the PC's that YOU create! I'll be paying extremely close attention to PC bios, faiths, and alignments and how they conflict with each other or cooperate. You might find yourself randomly put into one of my events just because your input causes a small story to pop into my mind. I'm a fan of improvisation, so I'm probably going to be doing a lot of it and recording the results so I can improve your experience here. I expect, as a common courtesy, that you inform me of ways that you think the experience here could be improved, as well as what you enjoyed or disliked if such things come up during my "stuff". I'm here working for you, after all. Smile
    Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

Post  Fyrekrest Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:14 am

Hi! I'm Fyrekrest!

I'm the guy who started this project! You can read more about that [url]here[/url]!

I guess in a way, I'm the guy on top of the pyramid. Unfortunately, I'm terrified of heights! (Haha, true story!) What that means is that I'll be deferring a lot of things to people more qualified than I to deal with them. Some really amazing people have joined me as Dungeon Masters, builders and helpful administrators and they really help me achieve my ultimate vision.

I will be the first to admit that while I have big dreams, I often lack the necessary technical experience or background. Thus, I've spent many, many hours teaching myself a number of interesting skills. I enjoy these challenges as much for the challenge that they present and the end product. It's a wicked feeling to spend hours tinkering away in the toolset and then log in for your first time, and then to see it grow into something even more exciting! My first time walking through Shadowdale with the town alive and bustling around me was a really exciting moment!

As often as not, I'll be found in the toolset. My true passion is building. I love the artistic outlet that it provides! I also love the energy and process that goes into it; the creativity that sparks it, the research that goes into it, the intrinsic fulfillment of it. I also love to DM! I love to present players with a challenge and have them successfully overcome (or at least die trying)! And I love role-playing!

While I am the original creator of this server, it truly is the product and result of all the others who have helped bring it to life. It has evolved both dynamically and organically, and most certainly creatively, and it would not be what it is today if not for all the time and energy that others have put in.

I invite you to come join us in game, where old school tabletop Dungeons & Dragons collides with modern day MMO! Hopefully you enjoy what truly is a labor of love!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:54 am