The Forgotten Realms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Player Created Persistent NWN2 Role-Playing World

5 posters

Forum roleplay?

Xeneize
    Xeneize

Forum roleplay? Empty Forum roleplay?

Post  Xeneize Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Is forum roleplay allowed/encouraged/rewarded?
    if so, where would I create an In-character thread if I want to RP in or the surroundings of Myth Drannor? Basketball

Solarina
    Solarina

Forum roleplay? Empty Re: Forum roleplay?

Post  Solarina Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:52 am

i am not sure if myth drannor will be in this mod?
    Fyrekrest
    Fyrekrest
    Admin

Post  Fyrekrest Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:37 am

Myth Drannor will definitely be coming. I've actually got a large part of it already completed. Here are some screenshots:

https://theforgottenrealms.rpg-board.net/t18-myth-drannor

Unfortunately, those areas were originally made for another server so I was trying to make it compatible with what they had. Since I've got a fresh slate here, I'm reworking some of the core areas so I've decided to postpone opening it up to the players. It won't be initially available when we go live, but it will be available "soon" after. Basically, I felt I could do a much better job, so I'm holding back something I'm not happy with. The finished project should definitely be worth the wait though. Smile

As for forum role-play. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Part of me thinks its a good idea, part of me feels its a bad idea (just a form of meta-gaming). I'm going to withhold any judgement for the time being. A lot of times, (and I hope I don't insult anyone by this) a lot of forum rp that I've seen has been kind of silly since it's difficult to try and RP in real time using posts. I was hoping backgrounds/journals would be a sort of middleground.

I definitely encourage everyone to give feedback and let me know what their thoughts are on it while I decide though!
    Solarina
    Solarina

Post  Solarina Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:34 am

Some forum RP can be useful such as sign posts on a town billboard, classified adverts and a market. I do hope we will get chests we can use to store some goods so we can foster a player economy as well.

Letters can also be good forum RP, including a PCs thoughts added to the post about said letter.
    Cllyx
    Cllyx

Post  Cllyx Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:07 am

I love Forum RP and love to write stories about characters, as well as active RP in real time. Events in game come and go, we can write memories on it, journals, but again active forum RP is really fun to do for me, so I would like to be allowed to do forum RP more than biographies, journals, and board notes / letters.
    Dormouse
    Dormouse

Post  Dormouse Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Yes, Forum RP is very much encouraged but it must be based around in game events and such like.

Ill set up a separate MD section but please wait for a ruling from Fyre about if we can post in it yet.
    Xeneize
    Xeneize

Post  Xeneize Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:20 am

//We have forum moderators. However I understand the worry about the Meta/God-modding. I just wanted to know since I am eager to be able to roleplay some things that might happen where In-game people are not likely to pass by.

For example a situation in a training grounds, the progression of skill, a research project in a library, etcetera. This would facilitate the task to some DMs as well.

I will wait on word for this Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:51 am