The Forgotten Realms

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Player Created Persistent NWN2 Role-Playing World

+13
Keeper
Papadragonb
Solarina
DeathsAdversary
Nephtys
rbizzle0511
parad0xia
A_Roleplayer
Maskedshini
Shyntra
Prince Of Burgerland
Gottmörder
deceptive illusions
17 posters

Introductions

deceptive illusions
    deceptive illusions

Introductions Empty Introductions

Post  deceptive illusions Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:44 pm

I thought it might be good for people to introduce themselves. However I'm familiar with many people here, others may not be. I will start then.

I am a 23 years old student from Norway, where I study philosophy. I also study Japanese off my official studies, and I enjoy reading informal books. Generally I am a balanced person, but I'm not afraid to come of as negative or cynical if that is what is required to get my point across. I have firm principles I stand on, which I never move away from, unless someone gives me a pretty good reason to.

For me, music is a natural extension of myself. I mostly listen to metal, of most sub genres or powerful orchestras. I enjoy watching anime and TV shows, movies and anime, more so than the regular person, it is sort of my 2nd passion.

I'm not that much into gaming anymore but I do enjoy RPGs now and then. My favorite games being the Mass Effect series, Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights 2 (figures I guess heh) and Star Wars the Old Republic.
    Gottmörder
    Gottmörder

Introductions Empty Re: Introductions

Post  Gottmörder Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:24 am

This was a terrible idea and I hate you forever for it. Nevertheless I'll go second.

I'm 22 year old town drunk from Helsinki, where I study the pavement in close contact face-in-the-ground methods. I also study various drugs and their effects on my body. On the forums of another server I was dubbed Sir Snarky for my amazing amount of common sense and my way to express it. I have no principles and everything flies. "You need to try everything once except for your own grandma and the tabloid betting tips."

For me, music is more than a natural extension of myself. It's more of companionship, where both affect each other in strange ways. It's like an otter breaking a clam against it's tummy on a sunny day on a lake somewhere in the midst of great pinewood forest.

I'm also a gamer. I recently purchased Starcraft 2, but my main priority is and always has been role playing. I adore the Baldur's Gate series, but then again I also adore all the old CRPG's. Infinity Engine rocks.

I've played on two NWN2 servers so far, of which one has formed into my home. Through an invitation of an individual I'm out of that home here, coming to see what it is like on the other side of one of the fences. I consider myself a medium role player with an open mind. As long as everything's kept Fun
    Prince Of Burgerland
    Prince Of Burgerland

Post  Prince Of Burgerland Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:41 am

My name is Bobby and I live in South-East Texas. I am a full time nurse with background in Emergency room, Post-Surgical Operation, OR, and Hospice. I am a husband and have three wonderful children, running around here somewhere . They are still very young and in school. I'm 35 years old and my prime gaming hours are from Monday-Friday 9am-5pm CST. Very rarely will I be IG Saturday or Sunday because I put in a full 40 hours during those two days (this allows me to stay home during the week). My hobbies outside of NWN2 are Chess, creative writing, and World Travel.

I have traveled to many places around the world including; The UK (Scotland), Spain (and The Canary Islands), UAE (Dubai), France (Paris), Thailand and Iraq. I believe the best education is world travel opening the mind and allowing an enrichment, which leads to wisdom.

I consider myself a high energy Rp'er, normally choosing characters with an assertive effect upon the environment. This doesn't meant that they are all bouncing off the wall, but more like living things that are always moving and seldom overlooked IG. I played a lot of table top during the 2e years, but life and family has slowed that down. Besides, now I can come here and mix it up with the world!

My strengths are the ability to get others involved in plots I'm hatching (even when the crickets are chirping), my flexibility in situation RP and character development, and creative writing.

I would encourage anyone to give me a Tell or PM if you want to get something started or just need an objective opinion.

Shyntra
    Shyntra

Post  Shyntra Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Hi my name is Michael. I am from Michigan and I am addicted to going to college. I have 3 useless associate degrees: Art, Computer Science Technology, and General Studies(whatever that is Smile ). I have a double BBA in Computer Information Management / Management (damn I got a lot of management type stuff). And just recently received my certificate of completion for Health Information Technology, yeap I am going to make the plunge and fuse health and IT together. Also I am finishing up my trying to get into Nursing as well. In the state of Michigan I can get my BSN quicker than I can get my ADN, so instead of waiting 3 years on a wait list I am going to go to U of M and get that extra piece of paper to use as wall paper and practice nursing Smile. Ultimate I want to get into legal nursing and nursing informatics.

I am an identical twin, I have now been trying for a few years to get him to play he has played D&D as much as I have, but he is addicted to WOW. I am a father of a 10 year old and he kicks my ass in HALO and I rage quit when he plays with me hehehehehe

I tend to be a conspiracy theorist and I am a hardcore Constitutionalist. But for the sake of arguments I won't bring that into these forums. I really like the drow RP, the drow setting, and playing drow pc's. If anyone ever would like to listen to and watch the book of "The Legend of Drizzt: Homeland" being read, here is a link and I think it reads the whole book out aloud to you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsHmjR1v87g

This is always a great refresher for those of us that read the books like 15 years ago like me Smile

I like to map and I think I have my own style, but I often am very willing to help those that want to learn some mapping skill. I have helped people over the program called Team Viewer. So if you are interested in mapping and I have time and I am not swapped with trying to get in the UD I could give you some tips.
    Maskedshini
    Maskedshini

Post  Maskedshini Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:24 pm

Might as well introduce myself then.

Name's Steven, currently living in Denmark, and a shining 19 years of age, and currently still educating myself (only 5.5 years left of that). I enjoy most kinds of music, and when not doing school work, I mostly fiddle around with computers, read fantasy, or simply play different games.

I've mapped for another server, and know the toolset pretty well, though for now I'll stay with the one server I'm mapping for now, depending on how that goes, if it fails, I might begins helping here.

From time to time I fiddle with photoshop, where I mostly deal with abstracts.

I'm mostly positive (everyone can have a bad day), and will stay that way unless I feel like something/someone is trying to piss me off without good reason.
    A_Roleplayer
    A_Roleplayer

Post  A_Roleplayer Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:33 pm

My profile has already told you a few things about me but there are some things I can add.

I started roleplaying 32 years ago with a bunch of guys, can't for the life of me remember how I found out about them it's so long ago but my first ever experience of a group of roleplayers in game was in G3 (The fire giants module).

Through 12 years of military service and 4 years of civil service I continued to RP both as DM and Player. Besides 2nd Edition AD&D I've played and dungeon mastered Traveller, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Tunnels and Trolls, Middle Earth Roleplaying, Bushido and Warhammer Roleplaying on the tabletop. On the PC, besides NWN 1 & 2, I've played Baldurs Gate 1 & 2, Icewind Dale, Diablo I & II, The various Forgotten Realms RPG's from the mid to late 90's, The Bards Tale, Temple of Elemental Evil, Dungeon Seige 1 & 2, The Witcher and Guild Wars.
    I've not mastered the ability to DM in an online environment in a successful way and I think this experience was what put me off roleplaying.
    I'm back to wanting to RP and hadn't realised how much I missed it.
    So this PW will be my return to RP and all the other PW's are just a distant memory. Though I may bring back some of my favourite characters if the opportunity presents itself.
    Music really helps me RP and my music of choice is either the soundtracks from The Lord of the Rings movies or music from a number of other fantasy films, The 13th Warrior, Dragonheart, Willow, Conan the Barbarian and Conan the Destroyer.
    See you in game when I can get there.
    parad0xia
    parad0xia

Post  parad0xia Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:10 am

I'm Steve, been playing nwn2 for around a year and a half. Been to a lot of servers and such and have generally enjoyed my time here in the community. I'm 21, college student and I live in ohio. Going in for IT with a concentration in Digital Investigations. I really hope to enjoy this server with all of you! It looks like it's going to be a wonderful time.

bounce bounce bounce
    rbizzle0511

Post  rbizzle0511 Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:55 pm

I will make this short and pretty!!!!!!!!!!!here we go

I am Richard from California, Graduate from FSU with a BS Comp/Sci. I have another degree in Business administration and have been too lazy to apply for the MBA program. I work fulltime as a Director of IT and Data services overseeing thousands of nodes within a county. Married with children! Smile mmmmmm I drink beer.....shoot guns, drive my massive truck through mud and play dungeons and dragons and I like geeetar(guitar).

Most of you will remember me from DB or BG server as Merreck or one of my many alter ego's. Very Happy Hope to kill you soon! Wink

Nephtys
    Nephtys

Post  Nephtys Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 pm

You can call me Nephtys, it's my wiccan name. I am a woman of 26, from Quebec, Canada, twin of Akeri(Care). I have been on different server from before and heard of this one from Axe and another one. I wish to start fresh on this new server and I am glad to see people starting to fill it to help or hoping the server to open soon, it is really promising.
    DeathsAdversary
    DeathsAdversary

Post  DeathsAdversary Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:08 am

I'm DeathsAdversary, and I left for a while due to personal things but I'm back. 20 years old dude from Oregon in the U.S. Retired medically from the Army (was 89D Explosive Ordnance Disposal), and currently on the road towards going to a trade school. Looking forward to whatever happens as soon as I get my internet on my laptop back in order.
    Solarina
    Solarina

Post  Solarina Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi! I am new to nwn2 ( Just installed today!) but I have played nwn1 for like 10 years maybe? Idk but like a long time or something. I like what I have been reading about this server so going to give it a whirl. My name is lexy I am 30 and I like to rp , have fun and drink ( I drink a lot but that's ok cause I am more fun when I do? ). I work at home doing easy stuff so I get to make my own hours so I get a lot of time to game. I realy like playing fey characters a lot, they are so much fun, but not sure there will be any here but like that's ok and stuff. I am waiting for this thing to patch as I write this so I can hop on and poke around some.

The only other game I play at this time is second life.

cat ok wow this says this emotes a cat but...it kind of looks like a rabbit so yeah its a rabbit for now.

anywhos just from reading whats going on here I can tell there's a bunch of nice people and a lot of work being put into this, so this is exciting.

PS this post may make me seem like I am ditzy but I'm not, I write some cool stuff like quests , short story's etc.

Ok patch is done gonna check this out now

Not sure why there is an image of a sword person over my post
    Papadragonb
    Papadragonb

Post  Papadragonb Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:43 pm

Hello all,

I am Shawn, or Papa D, whichever you prefer. I started with ADnD in the 80's and have played off and on since. My family an I live in North Central Texas, and I work for a metal buildings company(not sheds for your back yard, but schools, churches, warehouses, and other pre-engineered applications, etc). With the intense nature of my career, I love being able to lose myself in the world of fantasy, and Forgotten Realms is one of my favorite settings.
    When my current table-top DM mentioned this group to me, I was intrigued to say the least, and after looking around, and chatting with DM - Axe last night, I am excited for this next stage in my role playing journey.

Thanks,
    Papa D
    Keeper
    Keeper

Post  Keeper Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:08 pm

Nice to meet everyone. I liked reading you introducitons.

My name is Mike. Im 32 and like to DM 3.5ed D&D. I've shared countless adventures with close friends at the tabletop, and hope to move that fun here. No matter if I'm a player or a DM here, I look forward to gethering with people and creating memories that only a game like this can offer.

I too work for a (different) metal building company in sales, and Shawn is a great friend of mine. Oh the stories we could tell of Waterdeep, Undermoutain, Castle Ravenloft, the Dalelands and what lurks beneath.

Many of you may feel like you are an individual adventurer right now, but I expect some here will form adventuring parties that will shape the history of Faerun.

I live in Texas with an amazing girlfriend who happens to be stunningly beautiful, a gamer, D&D player, a creative soul, and one of the kindest people I've ever met. Hopefully she will play here with all of us. We have an abnormally large cat named Lucky who is my familiar. He loves to eat olives and lie on his back for a belly rub.

I hope to meet you all in game!
    Pattu
    Pattu

Post  Pattu Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:19 pm

Hello Everyone

My name is Andrew. I am 26 years old and live in Vancouver, Washington. I graduated from Eastern Washington University with a BA of Arts, History, in 2008, “Home of the Red Turf” (Go Eagles!). Currently, I am working in the medical field performing billing. (History Major and Medical Billing.. Don’t ask)

Q: Where do you live?
    A: Washington
    Q: Ah you live in DC
    A: No.. State.
    Q: Ok. What city?
    A: Vancouver
    Q: Oh so you are Canadian
    A: . . .

I dabbled in AD&D 2nd edition, but most of my experience with pen, paper, and dice is in D&D 3rd and 3.5 edition. I have a lot of good memories with different groups. I am continuing to play 3.5 edition (refusing to convert to 4th edition) although, sort of a free agent at the moment. My first taste of the Forgotten Realms came after picking up a copy of Icewind Dale. I adored the game (Don’t care what the critics say), bought the second and have since fallen in love with the universe.

I have been playing NWN2 for about three years now. To keep the game fresh, I have taken several long hiatuses, sadly losing friends in doing so, but I every time I have come back I have gained fantastic new ones. I am following friends to this new server where I hope I will make many more.

Humor, Have FUN with RP, and if you need anything.. ask.
    The Blank Stare
    The Blank Stare

Post  The Blank Stare Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:02 am

I usually skip introduction threads but I'm making an exception here!

I've been playing NWN2 Persistent Worlds for about five years. I'm still hooked. I'm really familiar with Dungeons & Dragons (from about the time that AD&D was new!). I've been a Pen and Paper DM for the better part of fifteen years and I've loved every minute of it. (I'm a geek, sue me. Razz)

I've played and DMed the table versions of Star Wars, Shadowrun, Earthdawn, Call of Cthulu AND AD&D, D&D 3.5 and D&D 4th Edition.

No, I won't do any Erotic Role Play. Ewwww!

Yes, I will have fun.

See you in game!
    Evalyn
    Evalyn

Post  Evalyn Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:29 pm

I usually refrain from intros as well, but why not. New server, friendly people Smile

I'm 23, and I teach chemistry to teenagers!

I've been RPing for over a decade, as my father used to work for TSR back in the days and would run PnP games for my friends and I...a role which I eventually took over with my local school group of DnDers.

My PnP experience is a tiny bit of ADnD, mostly 3.0 and 3.5, Paranoia and a slew of WhiteWolf systems (Vampire/Werewolf/Hunter/Demon/Mage (haven't done Changeling yet, but I hear it's good)

My first online RP was through RP forums, where I joined when it was first starting then over the 5+ years it was around I made DM then admin... then migrated to MUDs where I mostly played in the Wheel of Time settings as Aes Sedai, then to NWN1 where I found PWs, then campaigns through Neverwinter Connections, and now finally to NWN2 Smile
    PokerFace
    PokerFace

Post  PokerFace Fri May 11, 2012 12:58 pm

Allright, I don't like introductions very much...but I'll make an exception. I'm 26, got a Bachelor Degree and a Master in foreign languages and I'm close to getting a Ph.D. as well. I work as a translator and an interpreter, which means that usually I stroll every corner of Europe a lot. I've started playing D&D, advanced edition when I was very young (my bigger bros introduced me to it) and I've been a big fan of the saga ever since. Only thing I don't like is 4.0, but I guess there are a lot of folks thinking the same.

Some of you probably know me already (Nephtys and Akeri surely do!), while Gottmoerder might also remember a certain cleric with the habit of pulverizing necromancers on sight via epic spells...anyhow, I'm looking forward to meet all of you in game.

And remember...that which doesn't kill you makes you stranger!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:22 am